Friday 15 April 2011

Behind My Music

Music is everything to me. I don’t have the gift of dancing but I think it´s because of that I have the gift of making music, and playing it. I am a person who has two different roads which join in perfect art in my brain…
When I was a kid, music was just music to me, some funny melodies at “jardin infantil” like mazapan or something like that. But one day, at the age of 6, in an act of bravery I changed the station of the radio and tuned in to 88.9 (Futuro Radio), from one moment to another I was petrified at the sound of the gods of music (in that moment) it was Paranoid performed by Black Sabbath with Ozzy on vocals. From that day I had a brain wash and I began to listen to Rock / Metal music.
One year later I discovered two bands that have something in common: the perfect sound. They are Iron Maiden (with Bruce on vocals) and Judas Priest (with Rob Halford) who inspired me to buy an electric guitar and learn and practice on my own.
The other part of my musical life began at school, I started to learn how to read and write music, and the best of all how to reproduce the sound with different instruments (well, in this case it was only a flute, but afterwards, others). With this new knowledge, I had the honor of meeting some of the greatest in the world of what in Spanish we call “Musica Docta”, such as the Great Johann Sebastian Bach.
The funny thing is that there are two famous guitar players who play with this different kind of music and make a rock version of the Docta music like the 5th Beethoven Symphony performed by Yngwie Malsmteen.

2 comments:

  1. I remenber Mazapan, it´s very funny now, but I think that it´s good for children.

    It is interesant that you know how to play a guitar, a real guitar, because only I can play a flute and a guitar hero...

    ReplyDelete
  2. jejje but the flute is great too
    when i was in/on a band for some songs i had to play the flute xD

    i think guitar hero is the best game in the world, and if you can´t play the guitar, it is a fantastic way to feel like a rockstar

    ReplyDelete